Reclaim your personal sovereignty and fully own your unique voice!
Whether you want to stop people-pleasing, start a business, end a relationship, stop playing mediocre, or completely change the way you spend your days, a Personal Manifesto is essential. By engaging in this contemplative practice, you name your needs, state your purpose, and become a more active participant in your own joy.
In this course, we use self-inquiry, we name our emotions, we listen deeply, we explore honestly, and we use all of that to define our needs and intentions.
Think of a Personal Manifesto as the evolution of the vision board.
Without clarity and confidence, vision boards and affirmations are merely busywork. Manifesto creation is meant to keep you aligned with the actions and choices that help you clarify and realize that vision from a deeply authentic space.
Take this course if you want to strengthen your personal leadership skills and improve your focus and attention on the things that matter to you most. You will walk through the emotional spaces where shadow beliefs and broken narratives caused you to replace focus and faith with fear and doubt.
You’ll clean your spiritual house, making space for your You-ness to show up and guide you through this process of creating your own Radical Self-Expression Manifesto.
1. Maximize your opportunities without attaching yourself to a specific result. This compassionate detachment principle is often used when considering how to deal with other people’s issues, but is quite effective in managing the most important relationship you will ever have, which is the one between your past and your present.
2. Stop trying to “bloom where you are planted” and learn how to seek out your natural soil. You will not thrive in every environment, so get really clear on what it takes for you to thrive, then embrace that space and time.
3. Clean your spiritual house, making space for your You-ness to show up and guide you to deeper personal accountability and more authentic self-expression.
4. Clarify and boldly assert your vision for your life, with a clear directive on what you do to stay aligned with that vision on a daily basis.
5. Benefit from the application of contemplative practices such as:
Akilah S. Richards is an unschooling podcaster, writer, and founding board member of The Alliance for Self-Directed Education. Her work both challenges and encourages social justice minded people to explore privilege and power in their relationships with children. In her own family, Akilah, her partner, and their two daughters, use unschooling as a tool for decolonizing education and liberating themselves from oppressive, exclusive systems. Find her conversations and commentary at Fare of the Free Child Podcast where Akilah supports, connects, and highlights people of color designing their own liberation through Self-Directed Education and love-centered community building.
"I always enjoy learning!! But doing it live and face to face is a favorite way for me, so it makes sense that this webinar would be right up my alley. In addition to hearing things again, hearing from other women adds another layer of insight and understanding to creating my own manifesto. Thank you, again, Akilah, for showing up so authenticity and creating safe spaces for us to follow suit."
- Leslie, Lifelong Learning Advocate + Community Activist
"I love your ideas of radical self-expression and unmuting ourselves. You are a visionary, and your energy and perspectives are so needed!"
- Ariane Benefit, Agile Living Coach + Optimal Performance Designer
Absolutely, yes. After having nearly 600 women take this class, and refining it to answer the most common questions, I've gotten this course to the point of being both heavy on soulwork and definitive on strategy. As you go through each video in the course, you are encouraged and guided through action steps. Those steps are designed to have you walk your talk and practice (in real life) what you uncover and embrace from this course.